Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by a440plus6®
    LOL, dunno for sure cause I'm a Mopar guy too.....on a fast AMC learning curve. Go to my website and you'll see. I restore Mopar cars and parts for a living.
    Regards
    Jerry
    Hey Jerry....looks like we're both on an AMC learning curve..lol....put the car on local craigslist last night...got a $2000 offer right away..but I am going to wait it out a little.....we'll see how it goes.....Mopar guy huh...wasup wth that jeep bouncing off your 6pak car on your website???..lol...I have a '71 BB Charger...looking for powerbulge hood with the R/T or superbee hood opening....no insert required....I have a mint one.....just trying to flip this Javelin for Charger funds

Default Newbie

Why not put it on epay and set a reserve and see where it goes??? I had a friend try to sell me back my 1943 Ford GPW (WWII Jeep) just to keep it in "the family", for $6500. I know it was a good deal as I had sold him the Jeep 1 year earlier, but now I did not want it. He put it on Epay and sold if for $9300---soooooo, ya never know.

Why don't you quite trying to make money on it and sell it for what you got into it. It is too hard to "flip" restoreable cars, why even try it. Put it on eBay and see where it goes, I am sure you can get your money back. Why didn't take the 2 grand from craigslist? Are you looking for a goldmine to open up with it in the next couple weeks? Sell it to someone who wants it and who will treat it right.
    Last edited by bigbad68; 03-03-2007 at 10:07 AM.

saw the pics,cool looking clone/frankenstein javelin.sell it to someone who appreciates amc products PLEASE!.on a side note i took a 258 six and put headers,4 bbl clifford intake and hei ignition in a 69 javelin years back and it was a fun little daily driver that got 24 mpg when you drove it easy and it ran pretty good when you got in it too...just a thought

upon review of your pics it looks like a nice alll 69 javelin with 68/69 amx hood.the grille is 69 jav and the tailights/rear panel are definitely 68/69 jav or amx.i see no 1970 parts on that car.gold book value for that car is approx 4K in the condition it appears to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad68
    Why don't you quite trying to make money on it and sell it for what you got into it. It is too hard to "flip" restoreable cars, why even try it. Put it on eBay and see where it goes, I am sure you can get your money back. Why didn't take the 2 grand from craigslist? Are you looking for a goldmine to open up with it in the next couple weeks? Sell it to someone who wants it and who will treat it right.
    Why don't you quit trying to make money on it and sell it for what you got into it....because I bought the car to make money on it........funds for my own project.
    It is too hard to "flip" restoreable cars, why even try .....huh...aren't most of these cars extreme rust buckets...it is a '69...thirty eight years old....."flip" restoreable cars....huh...who doesn't want a "restorable" car?....I know on the mid to east coast of Canada most all old cars like this are non existent...I have had some inquires already! This car has lived on the wet coast all it's life...ie no salty winters

Why didn't take the 2 grand from craigslist? ...this fellow is a local muscle car dealer and the offer was 8 hours after I advertised it....offer still stands.....hmmm..a local dealer with a two grand offer instantly...I bet the car has still more worth here locally...told him $2800 come and get it ...
    Are you looking for a goldmine to open up with it in the next couple weeks?......could likely get more on eBay....and let the rusty provinces and states fight over what they would likely think is a nice restoreable car.....but the hassle

But thanks for your input....again I am learning an AMC curve....cars are not appreciated "YET" in my opinion

Added pics of car

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r...rent=last1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by javelinjeff
    .sell it to someone who appreciates amc products PLEASE!.
    P L E A S E !

saw the complete photo album,door panels are 1970 SST,same for mirror,spoiler could be 1970 donahue or repro.interior a little rough but not bad,aftermarket velour headliner cheap and improves alot.as for rust is there one out there that doen't have issues near rear window(arizona cars excluded),quite fixable.lots of valuable parts you have there on a COMPLETE car and since now you know the scarcity of these cars you can easily figure why that dealer offered 2K so quickly.just my 37 cents worth of opinion here,why not fix some of the easy stuff,make it presentable inside and i bet you'll make a decent return on that car

Default newbie

If I recall it sold on epay for about $4200

Quote Originally Posted by cali201
    If I recall it sold on epay for about $4200
    Wow, I never would have guessed it would have sold anywhere near that.