Default Need Help On A 72 Amx!

ok i live in los angeles california and i have a 72 amx. i need to rebuild the 360, but i have no idea who to go to. if anyone has some info please let me know. AND does anyone know where i can get parts for my amx? i go to AMERICAN PARTS DEPOT for parts but they are pricey sometimes, any suggestions... and any recommendations a suspension???

another californian with an AMC, that must make about four of us.have you tried California Classic AMC,Tony specializes in original stuff for amc products and has built some fast Javelins.he is linked to this website.although he can be pricey on some of his stuff,he usually has what you need or will locate it for you.as for suspension stuff,i got lucky at autozone for bushings and brake stuff.

Default thanks

hey thanks, i've been to his web site but i go to american parts depot. have you had to rebuild ur engain??? because thats that i got to do now but i have run into a wall on who to go to. or should i buy a new AMX engain and put it in?

rebuild what you've got as long as nothing grenaded inside.as to where to go for a rebuild thats another question,it is a must you find someone who will build that motor to AMC tolerances--NOT CHEVY SPECS REGARDING MAIN AND ROD BEARING CLEARANCES!!!!!!!!!!.most shops will build your motor "loose" resulting in low oil pressure when warm.also replace your timing cover and oil pump with new to insure good oil pressure.talk to different shops untill you find one that KNOWS the difference between an AMC motor and a CHEVY.there is a post regarding this issue in the forum somewhere.on a different note i'm up here in the high desert---AMC-ya

post regarding oil pressure is in the 68-70 section ,"drivetrain" section posted by Big Bad Amx in reply to oiling problem--WELL WORTH READING as accurately describes why people have problems with rebuilds AND exchange engines.if you have the funds,,Engine Systems in San Diego is known for good work as they do a lot of racing and nostalgic drag car motors but they are no "discount" shop.

Default thx

thank you for the info. i'll look into it to find someone that can rebuild it right. and yeah money is the issue, if i had the money it would be an ez thing but i really don't so i got to see what i can do. and i really want to do this right even if it means that i got to wait. thanx
    Last edited by 2tonmike; 03-20-2007 at 01:38 AM.