Default New owner of 1973 Javelin, couple of stupid questions...

Hello, guys,

Finally I managed to find and buy 1973 Javelin. I had 1977 Corvette for 2 years and then swithed to Javelin. Now I have it for 2 days already!

2 very stupid questions:

How to add engine coolant? I did not see the expansion tank, where I would normally add the coolant.

How to add engine oil?

Thanks

add coolant to radiator WHEN cool through cap on top,oil through pipe rising up from intake manifold on the front next to where radiator hose connects.no question is stupid,failing to ask and doing the wrong thing is---

thanks! basically, I would have done the same way, but just wanted to make sure. so another question regarding the coolant - well, if I add it though the top of the radiator, how do I make sure that I will not add too much of it? in the case of coolant expansion tank, there is a mark on it.

fill to about one inch below the top,not more than 2 inches below and you will be ok.early amc did not use coolant recovery tanks like your 77 chev did

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Linas
    Hello, guys,

Finally I managed to find and buy 1973 Javelin. I had 1977 Corvette for 2 years and then swithed to Javelin. Now I have it for 2 days already!

2 very stupid questions:

How to add engine coolant? I did not see the expansion tank, where I would normally add the coolant.

How to add engine oil?

Thanks
    Hih it's not a stupid question I have two javelins and one has a coolent tank and the other one never came with one.
    just add coolent when the enigine is cold.