Default rear bullseye emblem on 1973 Javelin

Hello,

The rear bullseye emblem on my 1973 Javelin is missing. I wanted to ask, whether it should be the same size as the ones on the sides, behind the doors? I somewhere saw it described as "big plastic bullseye" emblem, so I am assuming it should differ from side emblems, which are small and made of metal.

Where can I get one? Maybe any of forum member has one for sale?

Thanks in advance!

E-Bay has a couple of them.Just seen them the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudyB
    E-Bay has a couple of them.Just seen them the other day.
    Thanks, CloudyB. Do you have this auction in mind? I am not sure, if two pins on the back of the emblem would fit into the single hole for rear emblem mounting on my car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-J...QQcmdZViewItem

The repo Ebay ones are ok but not even close to what the factory ones are. The factory ones have a chrome base with a plastic lense over it that is etched with the concentric bullseye. Its very hard to find an original with a good lense and nearly impossible to find one not faded.

If you do find one with a good lense you can restore it to near original. I reverse painted mine on the back of the clear lense in appropiate colors and you cant tell it from factory.

The rear bullseye on 73-74 are unique and not the same as the small side ones, grill or steering wheel as far as I know. The rear one has a single pin just smaller than the hole.

Your ebay link is the side one only
    Last edited by FL_Javelin; 03-27-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FL_Javelin
    The factory ones have a chrome base with a plastic lense over it that is etched with the concentric bullseye. Its very hard to find an original with a good lense and nearly impossible to find one not faded.
    Something like that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-79...QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry about that.I misunderstood which one you were talking about.

Thats it. My guess is that one is missing the pin. They were plastic and often broke.

check with Tony @ California Classic (linked to this site), he probably has the correct one or can advise what works.after checking his website i notice he advertises he has one.call him @ 619-423-0364
    Last edited by javelinjeff; 04-01-2007 at 12:06 PM.