Hybrid View

Default 2 Electrical Questions

Well another brake light on.lol.Press brakes nothing,when I turn the lights on the brakes are all light up.I checked the switch by the pedal and when I put a volt meter to it nothing but when I press on the brakes I get volts. Would that mean switch is working??? Any Ideas?????on what steps to check.Also no turn signals.You think it is in the cam in the steering whell??? I guess I'm reaching.
    Second question .Took the steering wheel cover off and found the ground wire disconnected on the cover.Hooked it up and when you press the horn I can now hear the horn relay clicking but no horn.Any Ideas????
    What a cluster ****.lol.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.
    I've got a harness complete for the engine and dash ready to yank.lol.lol.
    Oh 70 javelin sst 390

red wire to brake light switch should have power always(key on or off),green wire only has power when switch on(foot on brake pedal).ground wire under steering wheel cover activates horn relay so if relay is clicking,check the horns to see if power getting there.if so your horns are toast/rusted/dead.did you find those two wires where mine were??? call me @ 760-486-4162,sounds like someone was under your dash prior to you getting that car.

Yea I found them. Ring, Ring.lol.lol.

red wire to brake light switch should have power always(key on or off),green wire only has power when switch on(foot on brake pedal).

Everything works like the above. Where do you think I should check next???
    Like I said when I turn the lights on both filaments on the bulbs are lit.

With lights turned off and key turned on press foot on brakes nothing.

One last thing.When I put the 4 ways on (emergency) flashes in the front.
    Nothing in the back.
    When I put the 4 ways on with the lights on .Flashes in the front. lights are on in back but no flash.
    I don't know what this meanslol.lol. But thats what I'm getting.lol

sounds like a lost puppy was under that dash--sounds like they spliced the tailight lead into the brake light lead and also cut the brake light lead from going into the turn signal control,do front turn signals work(although they may not flash w/rear not connected)? 4 way flasher shares same wires as turn signals.let's just hope that person isn't the new electrician hired to rewire someones house amc-ya