Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

lol.lol.I'm killing you ain't I.The big bad 1970 AMC Technical Service Manual SAYS It's mounted to a bracket at the upper end of the steering column jacket tube. And according to my 4 wiring diagrams your right it is blue and brown wires.lol.lol. Going back under.lol.lol.

congratulations,you are now on the fast track of becoming an experienced tech.and you didn't have to go all the way to Laramie,WY. to attend WYOTECH.(EXCELLENT PROGRAM). get your tail back under that dash and FIND that flasher and make sure it's there or someone hasn't spliced the blue and brown wires together--and---???. by the way,hopefully you will have gotten a few scratches on the back of your hand you can wear with PRIDE.(in my days of being a service manager,i would have quoted you an estimate of about 300-400 bucks to chase that wiring down so think of the money you saved---go do something special for the kids with the money you saved) it has been a pleasure to help a fellow AMC owner keep a Javelin alive, especially a rare one like yours AMC-ya
    Last edited by javelinjeff; 04-01-2007 at 07:06 PM.

Talking

You are the MAN.You had to be one Hell of a service manager.
    Found the flasher in the blind. Had to replace it by feel.Replaced and bang.lol.lol. Just kidding.
    Everything works.
    Jeff your a gentleman and a scholar.I thank you for all the time you took in helping me.
    I'm calling you to get your address.Got something to send to you if you don't mind.
    Know when I sleep tonight I won't be going over every wire and step and color codes.lol.lol.
    It is unbelievable that you still can find people in this world that will help people. OH THATS RIGHT. MAYBE ONLY AMCERS.
    Thanks JEFF thangs GUYS AND GALS.
    I'm goona steal this from yea Jeff just for tonight.lol.
    AMC-YA

Do yourself a favor. When you get a chance buy an after market wiring harness with modern fuses and 12 circuits. It was one of the best things I did with my car.
    Art

74 Javelin

Default final thought(like Jerry Springer)

actually i was a lousy service writer,had this problem of being honest with the customers---another story.anyways,glad to hear it all works,and you didn't have to buy an aftermarket harness--that would have been a challenge to talk you through THAT INSTALLATION!!!!!---last word--AMC-ya,happy motoring!