Threaded View

Default Need Advice About a '73 Javelin

Hi all.
    Just found your board. Very useful research material you guys have here.

I'm new and this is my first post, so I'll just jump right in.

A little about myself. Other than age, location, and employment, (of which is in my profile), married, 2 kids (very young ones). I own 4 vehicles, one of which is a '89 Supercharged MR2 with a 4AGZE motor, and an original, fully documented '84 Z-51 Corvette (twin throttle bodies). Both are weekend cars. The vette has been in Corvette Magazine and is a 3x national show winner.

I can usually be found over on the vette forums. I'm not loyal to any certain brand of car. I just love all fast cars whether they be exotic, foreign, muscle, don't care. Like them all.

Now for my question. I have an opportunity to acquire a '73 Javelin from the original owner. It last ran in '82. According to the owner, their son quit driving it, no apparent reason why. It was running and in great condition when it was parked.

The obvious current condition of the car would be that the motor would be locked due to setting, rust, etc...

The owner is going to give it to me. Thanks to the information provided here, I was able to break the vin number down that was provided to me from the owner (who is a friend of my mother-in-laws).

The car apparently has a 304 2V, 3 speed on the floor, and it appears 3:54:1 rear-end??? Might be wrong on the last one.

Realistically, I'm thinking this car isn't worth the money or time and energy to rebuild due to what it is worth in running condition, correct??

I would be interested in hearing any input (positive or negative) from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Gooch
    Last edited by Gooch; 04-05-2007 at 01:56 PM.