Thread: Question

Question Question

Is there any other way for water from cooling system to be dumped into crank case except the obvious....blown head gasket or cracked block?
    Thanks in advance
    Jerry
    Oh yea...it's a 360.

yes,check your timing cover to see if it rotted through anywhere,usually only happens when you run straight water WITHOUT anti-freeze for extended long periods (years).also check your intake manifold gaskets to see if leaks are there also.how much water is entering the block????lots???very little???i would assume your oil looks like chocolate milk???and i would assume you are losing coolant always???either way STOP running the motor and get the contaminated oil out of it.coolant mixed with oil when hot will form acids that will destroy bearings.
    Last edited by javelinjeff; 04-14-2007 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks for the reply.....I suspect it is the timing cover as I redid the top end and the water enters as fast as I can put it in the rad.
    Thanks
    Jerry

did you have this problem prior to doing the heads,if not i would be checking the intake seal and head gasket seal,timing cover easy to check,pull water pump to see if rotted behind it

Yup, just assumed it was head gasket and I know heads and intake are sealed good know. At the rate the water flows into the crank case it has to be timing cover. Not used to AMC engine quirks yet but been building Mopars for years.
    Thanks
    Jerry

let us know what you find,as this could be helpfull to others if they experience the same issue.

Will do.....have not gotten back to that project yet LOL