Default Big Bad Javelin & AMX Registry

The Big Bad Javelin & AMX Registry is under new ownership. Forum member CloudyB has updated the site at: http://bigbadamc.tripod.com/ Nice work CloudyB!

I thank all you guys and gals.Not done yet .Have to add a few things.Maybe will get a close # of how many of us are left out there. It will be on the site with the #'s updated daily so you all can see. Plus everyones pictures of there cars.But you know it all starts here first at AMX-perience.
    Great Site= Great People

Come on Over. NEED PICTURES.You now can post pictures of your Big Bad car yourself. You can also post a video of your Big Bad Car yourself.That should be ready this afternoon.

So where s the site for AMX. 8 9 and 0. Big Bad colors are nice but theres lots others out there. I think.

Default separate site for 68,69,70 AMX???

correct me if i'm wrong but i think this is it.as to let's make things separate for AMX's and then separate for Javelins and then cast all the "other" AMC's aside into a different pile,well that's what kills the "group".i know this firsthand having been a club officer(president),and i can tell you that is NOT a good thing.we are the last of a dying breed owning a very unique car,and although 76 matadors and 77 pacers are not my thrill,i would not only encourage them to attend an AMX or Javelin gathering,i would welcome them as fellow AMC owners.the i got one,you don't philosophy does not help inspire the AMC hobby(owner of original 69 javelin,low miles--WITH A 6 CYL)(AMC's owned-68 343 Javelin,69 232,3 spd Javelin,70 360 Javelin,and the one just mentioned).now the Big Bad Color registry is a way to see how many of these unique color schemes have actually survived,be a Javelin or AMX.
    Last edited by javelinjeff; 05-22-2007 at 11:29 PM.

I agree 100% of not seperating any amc's.there all unique. And so are the people.If I could run another site I would for every AMC. Once I get this thing running I will put on amx's and Javelins too.

Quote Originally Posted by javelinjeff
    correct me if i'm wrong but i think this is it.as to let's make things separate for AMX's and then separate for Javelins and then cast all the "other" AMC's aside into a different pile,well that's what kills the "group".
    I agree with you to a point; I think we need to stick together as much as we can and no separation or bias should be given at shows or club gatherings or events. But on the internet I think we benefit by having separate sites that are dedicated to different models simply because of the amount of attention and detail that can be given to each model by those that know and enjoy them the most.

well i'm really gonna ruffle some feathers with this one,the only AMX that is TRULY unique is the two seater,all the "other" AMX's were merely Javelins,Hornets,& Spirits with decals or different trim options.and being that they were based on these other car platforms,cars like a 77 Hornet AMX are not a "real" AMX nor is a 74 AMX(well optioned Javelin).since it is quite possible to "clone" one of these later cars into an "AMX",i give the original Javelin more credit than one of these "later" AMX's.add to that how many Javelins have been chopped into pieces to save an early AMX kinda shows that the original Javelin is right alongside the AMX as a bonafide collectors item.too bad the market values do not agree.as to the site separation,this one is separate enough the way it is.but like i stated before, the Big Bad Colors are truly unique no matter what model be it a 2-seater or a 4-seater car.i almost was gonna say 2-seater or 4-seater JAVELIN,but i felt some might not see the humor in that. AMC-YA

Default Hear Hear

Quote Originally Posted by javelinjeff
    well i'm really gonna ruffle some feathers with this one,the only AMX that is TRULY unique is the two seater,all the "other" AMX's were merely Javelins,Hornets,& Spirits with decals or different trim options.and being that they were based on these other car platforms,cars like a 77 Hornet AMX are not a "real" AMX nor is a 74 AMX(well optioned Javelin).since it is quite possible to "clone" one of these later cars into an "AMX",i give the original Javelin more credit than one of these "later" AMX's.add to that how many Javelins have been chopped into pieces to save an early AMX kinda shows that the original Javelin is right alongside the AMX as a bonafide collectors item.too bad the market values do not agree.as to the site separation,this one is separate enough the way it is.but like i stated before, the Big Bad Colors are truly unique no matter what model be it a 2-seater or a 4-seater car.i almost was gonna say 2-seater or 4-seater JAVELIN,but i felt some might not see the humor in that. AMC-YA
    Got to put my 2 cents worth in. I own both a AMX and a Javelin and agree in principal to javelinjeff and what he is saying about separating cars and some of the rest of the stuff that goes with it. I too, am a president of a club and can attest to some of the stuff that goes on within a club. There is one and only one true AMX and that car is the 68-70 2 seater. Although if one is follow history a little, Ford tried a 2 seater called the Thunderbird and then they changed it to a 2+2 version of the same car. It seemed to work for Ford and it's ashame that AMC didn't try the same thing. Make a 2+2 AMX as the orginal concept vehicle was minus the rumble seat.
    I like the concept vehicle and wish they would have made it instead of killing the model off completely.
    As far as which car do I like best between the AMX and Javelin, it's a tie although I have had my Javie of the better part of 27 years and that car will always have a special place in my heart. The car has carry me though thick and thin and kept running despite some of the abuse I did to it. So, I restored it first and then the AMX was next.

Is there a registry to register 68-70 2 seat AMX cars only? George