Hybrid View

Default 1982 Concord sitting in garage for 6 years.

Hey everyone,

I have a 1982 Concord with a 258 that has been sitting for a very long period of time.

I would like to bring it back to life. When it was parked it had a bad transmission. But prior to being parked...it had the engine rebuilt with a bumpy Jeep cam (for more Torque) and stiffer springs. It ran strong and I really liked it alot but the time haad come for a new car that I could daily drive. I always wanted to keep the Concord to fix up and restore at a later date. I feel bad that I have let it sit for so long but college and life in general took the front seat and the Concord got put under a tarp in the Garage for the last 6 years. Its a sad excuse I know. Mostly I am concerned about starting the engine after it has been sitting for so long. I would like to get it running so I can get it over for a new tranny.

What should I be considering when trying to reanimate the 258? As I looked at it...its gonna need a new belt...the radaitor fixed/repaied...new hoses...(vacuum and coolant)...battery...an oil change...air/oil filters.

Should I prime the engine at the oil pump before firing or will changing the oil lube the system enough? I am not sure.

Can anybody give me some pointers on bring my old girl back to life?

Please help.

John

it's an AMC,put a good battery in it,turn it over several times with the coil wire off,pour a little gas in the carb and i'll bet it fires right up.gas in tank will be no good and the carb will probably need rebuild too.my javelin sat 14 years and by doing just what i said,now runs fine