Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default BBG 500 cali special

Actually, since they were a dealer zone promotion they weren't 'built' as 500 Specials at AMC. They would've come down the line like a regular production AMX. The S/S AMXs were consecutive serial numbers, maybe you're thinking of those.
    Sorry, but I can't help you with a Rim-blow wheel restoration recommendation. I'd like to find somebody who can do the '69 woodgrain steering wheels. From what I hear the woodgrain rim is pretty difficult to restore.

Anybody out there know of a really good steering wheel restoration that can do the '70 Rim Blows or the woodgrain '69s?

Default what do you think on the price?

Interesting exchange!

Did you guys expect the value to bump so quickly?
    Do you expect it to go up more?

I'm going to run up and look at the one for sale on monday if its still
    there and see first hand. Any other tips?

Default 500 Special

Hi JB,
    Yes I expected the value to go up. These cars have been very undervalued their entire existance; however that wasn't my reason for buying. I just happen to be nuts about AMX's. The one you are looking at is a very nice . Understand it is not a #'s matching car, but the changes that were made improved performance [ but not ness. value ] Some of the non orig. parts are as follows: motor , trans.,radio,a/c compressor,wheels/tires,lots of chrome ,spoiler,arm rest, ect:
    Is the car worth the price? Only you can answer that question. I can say that if I didn't already have one [and/or my wife wouln't kill me] I would be lusting badly.
    Good luck,
    dpc502
    Last edited by dpc502; 10-23-2004 at 05:03 AM.