Default 70 Dash Overlay ?

Could someone explain to me how the dash overlay exactly comes off, and what other items I may need to take off to disassemble. My 70 dash overlay was sprayed with some type of rough blackpaint. I can see the wood grain underneath it. I was going to take it off make a template with thin sheetmetal, then have someone I know who does the airbrushing real well and can most likely make it look like it was. Just need to know how to take off the current one. thanks,,,

Default overlay

cannot answer any of those qestions but just wanted to let you know that
    AMARK makes a nice repro set. I cannot find their web site but if you go to Eddie Stakes web site at www.planethoustonamx.com and go to the vendores list you will find it under the name of Mark Shuford> I have copied some of the info from Eddie's web site here but you need to go to his web site, vendors list to click on the "click here for site" to get their web site.

*Mark Shuford
    6501 Firestone Rd
    Jacksonville, FL. 32244
    Click Here for Site
    904-777-1675
    amarkpri@bellsouth.net

Just My two cents.I agree also. Amrk great quality and service.
    http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...upid=168823&ck

If I get a repro ,how does the old one come off and the new install,,thanks

Give mark a call at AMARK. He'll walk you through it.

Thanksfor the help !

heres a copy and paste fromJavelin Jeff. Hope it helps
    ok here you go,its gonna be fun--trust me(old sales line).along the top of the overlay trim there should be screws,and along the bottom there should also be screws.also above your radio pod there are screws there too.you may have to remove the radio pod to get access to these(it's held on by screws also).also advised to loosen steering column bolts under dash to allow room to get the overlay out without breaking it.since the overlay is a big flat panel that goes from the headlight/wiper switches all the way over to the glove box,expect to remove quite a few screws(HAVE I GOT YOU ALL SCREWED UP YET?).once ALL retaining screws are out the WHOLE PANEL comes off.key thing here is--lower steering column by loosening bolts or removing them and look for hold down screws above radio pod that may require the radio pod to be removed.last but not least-----make sure there are no hidden screws that you missed before you go pulling away at the overlay.you may need a right angle phillips (looks like a allen wrench) to get at some of the screws
    once you get the cover off,the instrument cluster is easy,remove the 4 screws holding it in place, pull it towards you far enough to unscrew the speedo cable from the back and GENTLY wiggle and pull the grey round plug from the back of the cluster(be extemely &%$#@#$ carefull as not to break the pins on the back of the cluster--VERY IMPORTANT!!!!).
    the wipers and headlight switch,gotta pull the knob from the wiper switch(there should be a little release tab on the backside of the wiper knob) and to remove the headlight switch there is a release button on the backside of the switch(you'll have to reach under tthe dash and press it as you pull out on the headlight knob(the shaft will come out with the knob.DISCONNECT BATTERY as you will have turned on the headlights when you do this.