Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Amx owner here.........

New Amx owner here.........thought id check in,as i will be needing some experienced guidance... The car:'69 AMX 4spd originally 390 car,now with modified 343........i cant wait...

Default Welcome

Welcome on board. Hope that you will find the information you need and want in the restoration of another fine AMX/AMC.

Thanks.Kinda excited to have my own piece of Americana now.Now comes the paint decision.The body is a strong 9+ and original color was Bittersweet,but i cant make myself like it no matter how hard i look at it.. Im thinking BBG or Orange.Just another thing to mentally debate.

Thanks for stopping in and welcome to the AMC family!
    If you're thinking of changing the color of your AMX you may want to check out the 112 AMXs currently listed under the Visitor's AMXs pages for ideas.

Wink Paint Decisions

After getting my 71 Javelin many years ago, I was debating within my own mind if I wanted to change the color of the car. When I had the body work and paint done about 4 years ago, I ended up sticking with the original color. The color is Mustard Yellow with the black vinyl inserts in the roof. It took me 10 years to warm up to the color. I found that of all of the Javelins/AMX's in the Denver metropolition area, mine is kind of unique (there is one other 71 painted the same color). I like the contrast that the black gives the car and I went ahead and had a black T stripe painted on the hood. It gives the car it's look as being somewhat unusual. I have recieved more compliments because I stuck with the color it was when it came out of the factory. Just some food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad AMX
    Thanks for stopping in and welcome to the AMC family!
    If you're thinking of changing the color of your AMX you may want to check out the 112 AMXs currently listed under the Visitor's AMXs pages for ideas.
    Thanks BBA.I did check out the plethora of colors on the visitors page,thus the current quandry.The BB colors are hard to pass.Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by donsjave
    After getting my 71 Javelin many years ago, I was debating within my own mind if I wanted to change the color of the car. When I had the body work and paint done about 4 years ago, I ended up sticking with the original color. The color is Mustard Yellow with the black vinyl inserts in the roof. It took me 10 years to warm up to the color. I found that of all of the Javelins/AMX's in the Denver metropolition area, mine is kind of unique (there is one other 71 painted the same color). I like the contrast that the black gives the car and I went ahead and had a black T stripe painted on the hood. It gives the car it's look as being somewhat unusual. I have recieved more compliments because I stuck with the color it was when it came out of the factory. Just some food for thought.
    Point taken Don.Those BBcolors just seem to define muscle-car imho.Thanks again.Mark.

BTW,anyone in Nor-Cal that wants to talk AMX up close and personal,im all ears...

Default New AMX Owner

If it were my car, I would think twice.That Bittersweet Orange has to be one of the nicest colours for the AMX. I wish mine was BS.
    However, its your car and your choice. Good luck no matter what you do.

What color do you have cudaboy?