Well, after over 10 years of owning Trans Ams exclusively, I am going to try my hand at something different. I just recently sold my 79 SE Trans Am project and once the guy pays me, I am going to be picking up a 74 AMX.

It is a good driver car with a built 401 and a 4-spd swap. Non-original drivetrain, so I can do whatever I want to with the car. I build pro-touring cars on the side, so I am thinking of making this a Trans Am replica (even though there were no 74s, right?) and having fun with it.

I currently have a 98 TA that I have built up to handle and I love it. Great car, currently planning on a T56 swap that I have in the shop. I am going to finish paying it off with the sale of my 79 SE and use the rest to buy the AMX.

I also have a 68 Camaro that I am building for my brother-in-law who is currently in Iraq. He has no idea we are doing it, so it is going to be a cool project. I have the car torn completely down right now, shooting for a May completion date. We've had donations and gifts from all over the country, it is a great project. If you want to see what we are doing, check out http://www.patriotdream.org for the pics and everything.

I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions about this AMX. I know nothing about AMC stuff and I have never even turned a wrench on one or even sat in one. All I know is the guy down the road had one when I was a kid and I loved it.