Hybrid View

Question Prices???

You may like the higher prices, but I still think they are somewhat unrealistic in the jump they have taken in the recent past. A slow climb is better than a radical climb. Radical climb in prices means that they can have a sudden and severe decline in prices as well. And yes I do own a AMX (390 4 speed) and also a Javelin. Just a personal thought on the subject since I made some previous comments about the prices in January at an auction that I attended in December.

I agree 100% with donsjave. The late '80s showed what happens to the hobbyist when the price climbs too fast.

I don't mean to be critical of HMM, it's just a curious observation. But I have known about "high" AMXs selling in the mid to upper 20s for about 3 years now, privately - not in auctions. Just thought their guide is a bit low.

Donsjave: I see what your saying!!
    Sorry if I came off as if I was trying to argue..
    I was at the Barret Jackson auction.. It's true that a lot off cars went for unrealistic prices! but then again the same day that the BBG AMX was auctioned, cars were going for practically nothing! A 69 RS/SS Hugger Orange Convertible sold for $27,000 and less then 20 cars later the AMX sold for over $60.000!
    For me I like to see a AMX and Javelins go for more then a Chevy or Ford! It makes me feel good inside to know that I have a garage full of platinum show winning AMC's that to some people are worth more then a 69 RS/SS.

So as a fellow AMX and Javelin owner! Hold up your glass! and celebrate the fact that your car(s) can bring the money that the big boys do. Everyone has a view on how this will affect the muscle car prices. For me I say "thank you Barret Jackson".

Javelinman
    Last edited by Javelinman; 02-28-2005 at 02:36 PM.

But I have known about "high" AMXs selling in the mid to upper 20s for about 3 years now, privately - not in auctions. Just thought their guide is a bit low.
    YES! So true!